DICE und EA haben das große September-Update für ‚Star Wars: Battlefront II‘ veröffentlicht, mit dem unter anderem ein neues Squad-System eingeführt wird.
Das neue Squad-System ermöglicht es euch, euren Freunden, Verbündeten und der Action viel schneller als zuvor beizutreten. Wenn ihr bereits mit einer Gruppe von Freunden spielt, werdet ihr zusammen in einen Trupp platziert. Wenn man sich hingegen alleine einem Spiel anschließen möchte, wird man in eine zufällige Gruppe eingeteilt.
Sollte man besiegt werden, hat man die Möglichkeit, den Zuschauer-Modus zu nutzen. Diese Kamera wird sich auf einen eurer Squad-Mitglieder konzentrieren, ebenso lässt sich zwischen diesen hin und her wechseln. Das neue Squad System bietet euch außerdem die Möglichkeit, 2v2 Private Matches von Hero Showdown zu spielen.
Alle weiteren Details zum aktuellen Update verrät auch der folgende Changelog:
- Added ability to get into squads and spawn on squad members on Galactic Assault and Strike
- Improved screen flow for quicker spawning in all modes where Squad Spawn is not present
QUALITY OF LIFE
- More dynamic change of characters shown on the Home and Career screens, due to implementation of backend ability to change those in a live environment
- Implemented various stability fixes for the End of Round (EOR) Matchmaking
- Improved the way the game client looks for an online game, by adding an automated Default option for the best Ping site, as well as simplifying the choice of sites in the menu.
- Fixed an issue where Leia’s Alternate Fire ability could damage a player piloting the AT-ST
- Fixed an issue where the „Repair“ ability would not properly activate
LANDO’S MILLENNIUM FALCON
- Fixed an issue where the Tactical Jammer ability would have no effect on Lando’s Millennium Falcon
CLASSES & SPECIAL UNITS CHANGES
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the Disruption ability to trigger in sync with the animation
- Removed the ability of Ion Turrets to lock and fire on troopers, as requested by the community
- Reduced the damage done by the Ion Torpedo for better balancing
Fixed an issue where the Resourceful Star Card wouldn’t correctly lower the ability cooldown when used.
GAME MODE CHANGES
- Implemented backend timers that allow tweaking of the objective duration on Galactic Assault in a live environment
- Added animations to further enhance the look and feel of the game mode’s widget
- Fixed a spelling issue in one of the objective texts
- Fixed an issue where heroes could hide or get stuck behind metal barriers on Jakku
- Fixed an issue that would leave players stuck between tree and mountain assets
- Fixed an issue where the chicken near the East Turbolaser would not be fleeing from the player
- Added Ewok Hunt and Extraction-based challenges to the list of Daily Challenges
- Removed Hero Showdown-based challenges „Perfect Together“ and „Vader and Kylo“, based on player feedback that they are too hard to achieve in an online environment
- Fixed an issue where Iden’s character and description text would be missing from the Campaign’s spawn and customization screen
- Fixed an issue where players would not be able to change their Clone Trooper appearances during the pre-round screens on games taking place on Kashyyyk and Kamino
- Added additional UI effects when unlocking an Emote, Victory Pose or Appearance from the menu
- Increased the maximum numbers of players in a group to 20, and the maximum number of players who can play together to 8
- Fixed an issue where the button to get more Crystals would not show up in the Emotes and Victory Poses screens
- Adjusted the „Saviour Kill“ stat, so that it tracks relevant kills from the whole team and not just the squad members
- This update will automatically disable CrossFire functionality for players with AMD Graphics Cards running on Windows 8 / 8.1, due to lack of support for multi-GPU with the specified operating system and GPU vendor.
- Squad members that are inside certain land vehicles (Armor, Artillery, Speeder, Tauntaun, Mountable Turrets) are not correctly shown as being inside vehicles on the Squad Spawn screen. The fix has been identified and will be implemented in the next update.
- Selecting to spawn on squad members who are inside land vehicles will temporarily disable access to the “Choose Character” screen. The issue gets resolved once players choose to spawn in the Default location. The fix has been identified and will be implemented in the next update.
- The spawn screen UI will, in rare cases, remain on during gameplay on Strike, or Galactic Assault. The issue gets resolved once players choose to respawn. The fix has been identified and will be implemented in the next update.
- The cooldown timer of the Shock Grenade ability would not be affected by the Resourceful Star Card. The fix has been identified and will be implemented in the next update.